Vietnamese Egg Loaf aka Pork-Mushroom Omelet
This is an excellent dinner dish.
- 1/4 cup roughly diced shiitake mushrooms
- 1/4 cup roughly diced button mushrooms or portabella mushroom caps
- 1/2 lb ground pork, chicken, or turkey
- 5 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup diced onion (you can use frozen diced onions)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1 cup shredded cabbage (use a pre-packaged cole-slaw mix) or 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup cooked vermicelli rice noodles, roughly cut into 1”-2” pieces. (Dried vermicelli rice noodles can be found in the asian section of the grocery store.)
- Pepper to taste
To cook the rice noodles: bring a small pot of water to boil. Drop the noodles into the boiling water and boil for 3-5 minutes. Drain the noodles and rinse with water to stop the cooking process.
Mix all ingredients thoroughly in a mixing bowl.
Heat a medium sized pan over medium-high heat. Film the pan with oil.
Spoon about ½-1 cup of the mixture onto the pan, smoothing it into a 5-6” diameter omelet. Cook on one side for 3-4 minutes, or until you can easily lift the omelet in one piece with a wide spatula. The bottom will become a nice crispy brown.
Flip the omelet, pancake-style. Cook for 2-3 minutes, or until the meat is JUST cooked. Transfer to a plate and allow to rest for a few minutes to let the meat finish cooking. Overcooking will make the meat in the omelete dry. Repeat steps 3 & 4 with remaining egg mixture.
Serve with rice. Add additional salt and pepper to taste.
You'll also love
- Tomato Aspic 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Mahi Mahi with Asian Sauce 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sonny Bryan's Onion Rings 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Parchment-Baked Squab With... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Geoduck Winter Melon Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sauerkraut, Mushroom, And Barley... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Stefado - (Beef And Onion Stew) 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Grilled Lemongrass Pork Tenderloin... 0/5 (0 Votes)