Lawry's® Beer Can Chicken
The seasonings create a wonderful crispy and flavorful skin while the beer ensures a tender and juicy chicken.
- 2 tablespoons Lawry's® Seasoned Salt
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoons Lawry's® Garlic Powder with Parsley
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Black Pepper, coarse ground
- 1 whole chicken (about 5-pounds)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (12-ounce) can beer or soda
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 100mins
Adapted from mccormick.com
Prepare grill for indirect medium heat (350°F to 375°F). Preheat grill by turning all burners to medium. Turn off burner(s) on one side of grill.
Mix seasoned salt, sugar, garlic powder and pepper in small bowl. Rub chicken with oil. Rub cavity with 1 tablespoon of the seasoning mixture. Sprinkle remaining seasoning mixture under skin and over surface of chicken.
Remove (Drink)about 1/4 cup beer and poke 2 holes in top of can. Hold chicken upright (legs pointing down) and insert opened beer can into cavity. Stand chicken in upright position on unlit side of grill. Position legs to best support chicken (similar to a tripod). Close lid.
Grill chicken 1 1/2 hours or until cooked through (internal temperature reaches 165°F in the thigh). Remove chicken from can before serving.
You'll also love
- Papaya and Coconut Chicken Salad 4/5 (4 Votes)
- Steamed Chicken Breast with wine,... 3.9/5 (8 Votes)
- Belizean Rice and Beans and Stewed... 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Hattie B's Hot Chicken 4.4/5 (13 Votes)
- Pressure Cooker Beer Can Chicken 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
Review this recipe