You'll find lots of reasons to make guacamole once you try this recipe! Perfect for dipping tortilla chips, serving with tacos or enchiladas, or just eating with a spoon!
- 7 Hass avocados, medium size
- 4 diced and seeded Roma tomatoes
- 1 cup fine diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lime
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Lawry's garlic salt
- Dash pepper
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 10mins
Mash avocados in a bowl to desired texture and add red onion and seasonings to taste. Slice tomatoes and remove seeds. Cut into medium size squares. Fold in tomatoes. A little chunky is always good. Serve chilled.
From Cherisse Kirkendall from Carpinteria, Ca. Winner of the guacamole competition at the Carpinteria annual Avocado Festival.
1. Keep it simple
2. Chunky is good
3. Avoid avocados with a "ripe" sticker - they are almost always overripe
4. Use a potato masher to mash avocados
5. Fold in the additional ingredients