Asian Orange Chicken Thighs
Asian Orange Chicken Thighs are the sweet and savory main course meal that you crave any time you order take-out, so throw those take-out menus away and save yourself some money by making this dish in the comfort of your own home. This recipe pairs well with fried rice, freshly cooked white rice, or lighten-up this dish by serving it over steamed veggies or cauliflower rice.
- nonstick cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil, not toasted
- 4 large bone-in chicken thighs, about 2.25-pounds total, skin removed
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded orange peel
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 45mins
Adapted from thedailymeal.com
Preheat the oven to 375°F. Coat a 2-quart square baking dish with cooking spray. In a very large nonstick skillet heat 1 tablespoon of the sesame oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken to the hot oil; cook about 10 minutes, turning to brown evenly. Transfer the chicken to the prepared dish, arranging in a single layer. Drain and discard the drippings from the skillet.
In a small bowl whisk together the soy sauce, orange peel, orange juice, vinegar, brown sugar, crushed red pepper, cold water, and cornstarch; add to the skillet. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly; pour the sauce over the chicken thighs in the dish.
Bake, uncovered, about 30 minutes or until chicken is done and has reached a temperature of 175°F in the thickest part of the meat.
You'll also love
- Avocado Hummus 5/5 (6 Votes)
- Salmon with Yukon Gold Hash Browns 5/5 (5 Votes)
- Roasted Veal Chops with Grapes 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Tropical Macadamia Halibut 4.9/5 (7 Votes)
- Butternut Squash Polenta With... 5/5 (6 Votes)
- Java Chicken Curry, Opor ayam 5/5 (5 Votes)
- Lemongrass Cheesecake 5/5 (5 Votes)
- Southwest Chicken - Instant Pot 4.4/5 (49 Votes)