Peach Crumb Cake
You'll love this Peach Crumb Cake recipe.
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, 4 ounces melted
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound peaches at room temperature, peeled, cored and sliced (about 3 medium sliced into 10 slices each)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened (don't melt!)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- Vanilla Glaze, optional
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon half and half or milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
Preparation time 25mins
Adapted from cookingclassy.com
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
To make crumbs:
In a mixing bowl whisk together flour, brown sugar, granulated sugar, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and salt until well blended (break any clumps of brown sugar up with fingertips). Pour in melted butter and using a rubber spatula, fold mixture until evenly moistened. Set aside.
To prepare cake:
In a separate mixing bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt for 20 seconds, set aside (peel and slice peaches now if you haven't already). In the bowl of an electric stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, whip together butter and granulated sugar until pale and fluffy. Mix in eggs one at a time adding in vanilla with second egg. In liquid measuring cup used to measure buttermilk, whisk together the buttermilk with sour cream.
Add 1/3 of the flour mixture to the butter/egg mixture and mix just until combined, then pour in 1/2 of the buttermilk mixture and mix just until combined. Mix in another 1/3 of the flour mixture and mix just until combined, then remaining 1/2 of the buttermilk mixture (scrape any excess from liquid measuring cup) and mix just until combined. Finish by mixing in last 1/3 of the flour mixture and mix until nearly combined, then remove bowl and scrape bowl and fold batter just to combined. Spray a 9-inch springform pan with non-stick cooking spray and pour batter into pan. Top evenly with peaches then evenly sprinkle crumb mixture into very small crumbles over peaches. Bake in preheated oven until center of cake is set (it shouldn't jiggle or sink when touched, and toothpick should come out free of batter), about 50 - 55 minutes. Cool on a wire rack (you don't need to cool entirely, this cake is really good warm), then drizzle with glaze if desired.
For the glaze:
Whisk together powdered sugar, half and half and vanilla in a bowl until well blended. Add more half and half to thin as desired or more powdered sugar to thicken if needed.
You'll also love
- Macaroni & Cheese Stuffed Meatloaf 4.4/5 (18 Votes)
- Apple Dapple Cake w/ Brown Sugar... 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Caramel Apple Bundt Cake Recipe 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Bacon & Caramelized Onion Dip 4.2/5 (14 Votes)
- Vanilla Sponge Cake 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Winning Apricot Bars 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
- Grandma's Floating Peach Cobbler 4/5 (28 Votes)
- Old Fashioned Summer Peach... 4.2/5 (43 Votes)