SPINACH-STUFFED PURPLE POTATOES
- 2 lbs. sm. (egg-sized) purple potatoes
- 2 c. torn fresh spinach
- 3 tbsp. sour cream
- 2 tbsp. grated Romano, Gruyere or Cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh basil or 1 tsp. dried
- 1 sm. clove garlic, peeled and minced
- Salt and pepper
- Basil leaves and lemon slices
In saucepan, cook potatoes in boiling water to cover 10-15 minutes or just until tender.
Meanwhile, in steamer basket over boiling water, steam spinach 3-5 minutes until tender (or microwave with 1 tablespoon water in covered shallow dish 1 to 1 1/2 minutes).
With melon baller or tip of potato peeler, hollow our small cavity in top of each potato. Place potato pulp in blender or food processor along with drained spinach, sour cream, cheese, lemon juice, basil and garlic. Cover and process until blended. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Spoon mixture into potatoes, mounding on top. Serve as is, or cover and chill to serve later, or heat in lightly greased baking dish, covered, at 375 degrees for 20 minutes or until hot.
Garnish with basil leaves and lemon slices, if desired. Makes 20-24 appetizers.
You'll also love
- Sophia Loren's Pasta Sauce 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- ZuNoodles Fettucini 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Strawberry White Chocolate Trifle 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Lamb Barbacoa with Avocado Tacos 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Pastry-Wrapped Asparagus with... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Cheesy Spinach and Artichoke Bread... 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Rao's Escarole and Beans 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Lamb Saag Curry, with Spinach 4.1/5 (12 Votes)