Low-Fat Carrot Cake Muffins
Low-Fat Carrot Cake Muffins that Don't Taste Low-Fat! I'd suggest making an extra batch, they go really fast! Serve with a cold glass of milk or hot cup of coffee and enjoy!
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour (or use half white and whole wheat)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2-3/4 cup brown sugar (or to taste, or can use brown sugar Splenda)
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 cup nonfat milk (or use low-fat milk)
- 1 (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple, well drained
- 1 1/2 cups carrots, grated (squeeze out some of the moisture with hands)
- 1/2 cup raisins
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 35mins
Adapted from facebook.com
Set oven to 350°F.
Line 12 muffin tins with paper liners or spray tins with non-stick cooking spray.
In a large bowl mix together first 7 ingredients.
In a small bowl whisk together egg, oil, milk and vanilla.
In a medium bowl mix the shredded carrots with the crushed pineapple.
Add in the oil/egg mixture into the carrot/pineapple mixture; mix well to combine, then add to the dry ingredients; mix JUST until combined.
Add in the raisins and chopped nuts.
Divide the mixture between the 12 muffin tins.
Bake for about 20 to 25 minutes, or until the muffins test done.
You'll also love
- Orecchiette with Colatura di... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Thai Garlic Pepper Chicken 4.4/5 (11 Votes)
- Smoked Turkey, Blue Cheese, & Red... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Skillet Monkey Bread 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Warm Lentil and Carrot Salad with... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Glazed Carrots with Goat Cheese... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Apple Pie Oat Muffins 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Pumpkin-Gingerbread Ice Cream... 4.4/5 (10 Votes)