Creamy Potato Soup
- 3 tablespoons butter 2 cups water
- or margarine 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 medium potatoes 1/8 teaspoon ground
- peeked,dices(about pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds 1/8 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/2 medium onion weed
- 3 chicken bouillon cubes 2 cups milk
In a 5-quart Dutch oven over medium-high heat,melt butter. Add the potatoes and onion and cook until golden, about 10 minutes,stirring frequently. Add water,salt,pepper,dill weed and bouillon cubes. Increase heat to high. Bring to a boil.Reduce heat to low.Cover and simmer until potatoes are fork tender,about 15 minutes. Remove from heat.
Ladle half of the soup into a blender.Cover with center part of lid removed.Blend at low speed until smooth. Pour back into the remaining soup.
Put soup back on burner and add milk. Over medium hea,cook until warmed through.