Cranberry Upside-Down Cake
- /2 cup Earth Balance margarine, softened, divided
- 3/4 cup vegan brown sugar
- 12-ounce bag cranberries
- 1 1/2 cups flour (I use half whole wheat pastry flour, half white spelt)
- 1 cup vegan sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon soy flour
- 1 cup soy milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon oil or 1 tablespoon lemon zest, chopped very fine
Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9-inch round cake pan.
In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt together 1⁄4 cup of the Earth Balance and all the brown sugar. Pour into oiled cake pan and arrange cranberries evenly on top.
In a large bowl, mix flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, and soy flour. In a medium bowl, mix milk, vanilla, lemon oil or zest, and remaining 1⁄4 cup Earth Balance). Using a mixer, blend the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix well.
Spoon the cake batter over the cranberry mixture and bake for about 45 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Remove cake and run a knife along the circumference of the pan to separate the cake from the pan’s edge.
Allow cake to cool for at least 15 minutes—ideally 30 minutes. Place plate on top of cake and quickly invert and remove pan.
You'll also love
- Sesame Ginger Salmon w/ Ginger... 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Roasted Garlic Cauliflower Mash 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Olive Blue Cheese Pecan Ball 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Baked: Muffins: (Paleo) Blueberry... 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Lemon Drop Jello Shots 4.1/5 (44 Votes)
- Meatballs with a Strawberry... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Jalapeño Cranberry, Goat Cheese &... 4.4/5 (10 Votes)