Apple-Cranberry Crumb Pie
- FOR TOPPING:
- 1 purchased 9" deep-dish frozen pie shell unthawed
- Vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup golden brown sugar - (packed)
- 1/3 cup old-fashioned oats
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter - (1 stick) chilled, and cut into small pieces
- FOR FILLING:
- 4 large Granny Smith apples peeled, cored, and cut into 3/4" pieces - (abt 5 cups)
- 1 can whole-berry cranberry sauce - (16 oz)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
Make Topping: Mix first 4 ingredients in medium bowl. Add butter; rub in with fingertips until mixture resembles coarse meal. Set aside.
Make Filling: Place baking sheet in oven and preheat to 350 degrees. Toss apples, cranberry sauce, sugar and cornstarch in large bowl until well blended.
Transfer apple-cranberry filling to frozen pie shell, mounding in center. Sprinkle topping over pie. Set pie on baking sheet in oven. Bake until apples are tender, juices bubble thickly and crust is golden, about 1 hour 10 minutes.
Transfer to rack. Cool 15 minutes. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.
This recipe yields 8 servings.
You'll also love
- White Bean Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Trout With Hazelnuts, Lemon And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Peach And Mixed-Berry Crisp 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lemon-Poppy Seed Waffles With... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Apple-Cream Cheese Torte 0/5 (0 Votes)
- White Chocolate Rice Pudding With... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Endive Salad, Cranberry-Bacon... 0/5 (0 Votes)