- 2 -4 lbs fresh kielbasa, not smoked, uncooked
- 1 onion, quartered
- 1 teaspoon marjoram (optional)
- 1/2 bay leaf
- peppercorn, a few
- boiling water
- 1 -2 garlic clove, smashed
- mustard seeds, a few
If the kielbasa is frozen, thaw it a little. Place fresh kielbasa in pot with 1 quartered onion, several peppercorns, garlic cloves, 1 teaspoon marjoram (optional) and half a bay leaf. The addition of spices helps replace the seasoning that boils out during cooking.
Add enough boiling water to cover.
Cover and simmer on very LOW heat for about 50-60 minutes. Too rapid boiling may cause the sausage to burst. DO NOT prick sausages; they become dry. Let cool in cooking liquid.
Sausage comes out moist and delicious, but not brown.
Can be frozen after cooking. Wrap very well. Vac seal if you can.
You'll also love
- Mushroom Consommé 3/5 (2 Votes)
- Grilled Asian Chicken with Bok... 1/5 (1 Votes)
- Horseradish Gravy (for corned beef... 3.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Mom's Noodles and Turkey Gravy 1/5 (1 Votes)
- Sausage And Leek Fusilli 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sausage, Tomato & Fennel Shells 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Bourbon Glazed Kielbasa 0/5 (0 Votes)