This Blackened Catfish recipe is super easy, comes together in under 20 minutes, and is really delicious. Serve this zesty and spicy main course fish dish with any of your favorite sides from a lightly dressed side salad to creamy mashed potatoes and roasted asparagus. This recipe is also health-conscious and it is worth 6 Weight Watcher Smart Points.
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 4 (6-ounce) farm-raised catfish fillets
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 20mins
Adapted from myrecipes.com
Combine paprika, dried oregano, salt, black pepper, and red pepper in a small bowl. Sprinkle both sides of fish with the spice mixture.
Heat oil in a large cast-iron skillet over high heat. Add fish; cook 4 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (890 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.4/5 (896 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (741 Votes)
- Jalapeno Popper Spread 4.5/5 (685 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.5/5 (678 Votes)
- Butternut Squash, Ricotta &... 4.5/5 (494 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (498 Votes)
- Crock Pot Ravioli Casserole 4.5/5 (475 Votes)