- 8 chicken thighs (bone in/skin on)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup apricot jam
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 (10 ounce) can chicken broth
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Salt & pepper, to taste
Adapted from foodgawker.com
1. Pre-heat oven to 350F.
2. Add olive oil to a skillet on medium-high heat.
3. Once the oil is hot, add the chicken pieces skin-down. Cook for 8-10 minutes. (If the chicken doesn't release easily, let it cook for a little longer.)
4. Flip the pieces and cook on the other side for 3-4 minutes. (If the oil is splattering all over the place and/or the pan starts to smoke, you may reduce the heat, but keep in mind the pan should be quite hot.)
5. Remove chicken pieces to a plate and set aside.
6. Add the apricot jam, Dijon mustard, chicken broth, lemon juice, onion powder, garlic powder, smoked paprika, and salt & pepper to the skillet.
7. Increase heat to high and boil for a couple of minutes, while stirring, until everything is combined.
8. Add the chicken back in (skin side up) and place skillet in the oven, uncovered, for 45 minutes.
9. Serve immediately.