Trout With Hazelnuts, Lemon And Parsley Brown Butter
- 3/4 cup dry Italian-style breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup crushed toasted hazelnuts plus
- 3 tablespoons crushed toasted hazelnuts
- 8 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 4 whole boneless trout
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup butter - (1 stick)
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Oil large rimmed baking sheet. Combine breadcrumbs, 1/2 cup hazelnuts and 2 tablespoons parsley in medium bowl. Open trout and sprinkle flesh side with salt and pepper. Press hazelnut mixture into flesh side of butterflied fish.
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in heavy large nonstick skillet over high heat. Add 1 whole trout, hazelnut-side down. Sauté until golden, about 2 minutes. Transfer trout, hazelnut-side up, to prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining olive oil and trout. Transfer trout to oven and roast until opaque in center, about 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, melt butter in same skillet over medium heat and allow to brown. Add 3 tablespoons crushed hazelnuts, 6 tablespoons parsley, lemon juice and 1 teaspoon lemon peel; stir to combine. Season sauce with salt and pepper; pour over fish. Sprinkle with remaining 1 teaspoon lemon peel and serve immediately.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
To crush the toasted nuts, seal them in a plastic bag, and pound with a rolling pin.
You'll also love
- Tomato And Garlic-Bread Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Thai Curry Penne With... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Spicy Shrimp With Andouille... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sizzling Catfish With Black... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Salmon With Caper-Anchovy Butter 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sake-Marinated Sea Bass With... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pear, Endive And Watercress Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Orange Syrup 0/5 (0 Votes)