Lavender & Lemon Cookies
These delicate and delicious lavender lemon cookies are sure to hit the spot! Serve them with a nice sweet cream ice cream or even a sorbet!
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons juice from 1 to 2 lemons
- 2 teaspoons dried lavender
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 12 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, about 1 1/2 sticks, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preparation time 70mins
Cooking time 85mins
In a food processor, process the sugar, lemon zest and lavender until the sugar looks damp and the zest and lavender are fully incorporated, about 30 seconds. Whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt, then add to the sugar mixture; pulse to combine, about ten 1-second pulses.
Scatter the butter pieces over and pulse until the mixture resembles fine cornmeal, about fifteen 1-second pulses. In a measuring cup, beat together the lemon juice, egg yolk and vanilla. With the machine running, add the juice mixture in a slow stream this should take about 10 seconds and continue processing until the dough forms into a ball, 10 to 15 seconds longer.
Turn the dough and any dry bits onto a clean work surface and gently gather into a ball. Working quickly, roll the dough into a cylinder about 12-inch-long and 1.5-inches in diameter. Center the dough on a piece of parchment or plastic wrap and wrap tightly, twisting the ends together to seal. Chill the dough until firm and cold, about 45 minutes in the freezer or 2 hours in the refrigerator.
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or spray them with nonstick cooking spray.
Remove the dough log from its wrapper and use a sharp knife to slice the dough into 3/8-inch thick rounds. Place the rounds on the prepared baking sheets, spacing them 1-inch apart. Bake until the centers of the cookies just begin to color and the edges are golden brown, about 10 to 12 minutes, rotating the baking sheet halfway through the baking time. Cool on sheets about 5 minutes, then transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely. Makes approximately 4 dozen.
You'll also love
- Black Bean Soup (South Beach Diet... 5/5 (2 Votes)
- PORK CHOPS, CABBAGE, POTATO... 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Apple Dumplings 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Pleasantly Plastered Peach... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Luby's Frosted Lime Congeal 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- doTERRA Creamy Fruit Dip with... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Martha Stewart's One Pot Pasta Meal 4.3/5 (20 Votes)
- Cinnabon Cinnamon Rolls 4.1/5 (17 Votes)