STRAWBERRY SHORTBREAD PIE
- Crust :
- 1 1/4 c. flour
- 1/4 c. sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 c. butter (room temperature..very important)
- Cream Cheese Whippy Layer:
- 1 c. heavy whipping cream
- 8 oz of cream cheese (room temp.)
- 1 1/4 c. powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Strawberry Topping:
- 3 cups of sliced strawberries
- 1/2 c. powdered sugar
- 2 tsp. cornstarch
- 3 drops red food coloring
Adapted from facebook.com
To make your crust.. Preheat oven to 325.... mix your flour, sugar in a med. bowl...cut in the butter until crumbly.. then quickly combine mix it with your hands until it forms a dough... its ok if its a bit dry.... press evenly onto bottom and sides of 9" pie pan... don't press to hard.. bake for 20 to 25 min. Cool Completely
To make the cream cheese layer: 1st whip your heavy cream until stiff. ... then set it in the refrigerator...In another bowl.. cream your cream cheese and 1 1/4 cup of powdered sugar until smooth.. 1 to 2 min...blend in vanilla...Fold the whipped topping in.
***VERY IMPORTANT...Try not to eat it all.. ya it's that good...put the mixture in the cooled pie crust and smooth.. refrigerate.
To make the strawberry topping... mix the sliced strawberries and 1/2 cup powdered sugar... Let Stand 30 min.... drain the juice.. SAVE it.... you need 1/3 cup if not enough add some water.. In a small sauce pan put juice, cornstarch and red food coloring... stir constantly till thickens...remove from heat... cool completely.. then combine with strawberries..
You can spread on pie now or wait till serving.. leave a bit of an edge so you don't make the crust soggy....
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (811 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (487 Votes)
- Apple Brie Tarts 4.5/5 (311 Votes)
- Samoa Brownies 4.5/5 (287 Votes)
- Raspberry Beignets with Vanilla... 4.6/5 (187 Votes)
- Buttermilk Blueberry Breakfast Cake 4.4/5 (181 Votes)