Sour Cream-Streusel Coffee Cake
- 1 1/4 cups coarsely-chopped walnuts
- 1 1/4 cups golden brown sugar - (packed)
- 4 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 4 1/2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 6 tablespoons dried currants
- 3 cups cake flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter - (1 1/2 sticks) room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 container sour cream - (16 oz)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter 12-cup Bundt pan. Mix first 5 ingredients in small bowl. Set nut mixture aside.
Sift flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt into medium bowl. Using electric mixer, beat butter and 1 1/2 cups sugar in large bowl until blended. Beat in eggs 1 at a time. Mix in vanilla. Mix dry ingredients and sour cream alternately into butter mixture in 3 additions. Beat batter on high 1 minute.
Pour 1/3 of batter into prepared pan. Sprinkle with half of nut mixture. Spoon 1/3 of batter over. Sprinkle with remaining nut mixture. Spoon remaining batter over.
Bake cake until tester inserted near center comes out clean, about 1 hour. Cool cake in pan on rack 10 minutes. Cut around pan sides to loosen cake. Turn cake out onto rack and cool 1 hour. Transfer to platter.
Whisk powdered sugar and milk in small bowl until smooth. Drizzle over coffee cake. Serve slightly warm or at room temperature. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cool completely. Wrap in foil and let stand at room temperature.)
This recipe yields 8 to 10 servings.