Peach-Banana Chiffon Pie With Gingersnap Crust
- 30 gingersnap cookies
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 1/2 cup diced fresh peaches
- 1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons sugar, divided use
- 1 package (3 ounces) peach or apricot Jell-O 3/4 cup boiling water
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- Dash salt
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract 2 cups fresh peach slices
- 1 large or 2 small bananas, sliced
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. CRUST: Process cookies in a food processor into fine crumbs to equal 1 3/4 cup. Add butter and pulse until combined. Press the mixture into a 9-inch pie pan and bake 8 minutes, until fragrant and lightly toasted. Cool crust completely on a wire rack.
3. FILLING: Combine peaches with 2 tablespoons sugar in a small bowl and allow the mixture to macerate until the sugar dissolves.
4. In a medium mixing bowl, dissolve Jell-O in boiling water, then cool slightly. Stir into lemon juice and the peach mixture, and chill until partially set, about 30 minutes.
5. Whip the cream with 1 tablespoon sugar, vanilla, nutmeg and salt until soft peaks form, then set aside.
6. In a separate bowl, whip the egg whites with 1/4 cup sugar and almond extract until stiff peaks form to make meringue.
7. Fold the whipped cream mixture and meringue into the partially set Jell-O mixture.
8. Top the gingersnap crust with the peach and banana slices. Use a spatula to spread the whipped mixture over the fruit layer. Refrigerate until pie is set, at least four hours.
You'll also love
- PORK CHOPS, CABBAGE, POTATO... 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- 2016 Ham and Macaroni au Gratin 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Wilted Spinach Salad with grilled... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Apple Dumplings 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Pleasantly Plastered Peach... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- White Peach Sangria with Cava... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Strawberry Banana Pudding Trifle 5/5 (1 Votes)