Clabber Girl Old-Fashioned Biscuits
Clabber Girl Old-Fashioned Biscuits are just how biscuits should be made, the old-fashioned way. This is the exact recipe from the back of the Clabber Girl brand baking powder can and it is advised that you use this brand to make this recipe. These biscuits are best served pippin' hot out of your oven with butter and honey, or smothered in rich white gravy.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Clabber Girl baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 30mins
Preheat oven to 475°F.
In a medium bowl stir together flour, baking powder, and salt. Using a pastry blender, cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
Pour flour mixture out on a clean surface and make a well by mounting the flour up around the edges, then pour the milk in the middle of the well. Incorporate the flour mixture and milk together until you have created a dough. Roll dough and cut out biscuits. Brush biscuits with butter.
Bake in a 475°F oven for 11 to 15 minutes.
You'll also love
- Easter Brunch Punch 4.5/5 (241 Votes)
- Chocolate Beet Muffins 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Orange Butter Cookies 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Old-Fashioned Donuts 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Raspberry White Chocolate Muffins 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Ice Cream & Candy Bar Pie 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Crunchy Lemonade Drumsticks 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Paska, Ukrainian Easter Bread 0/5 (0 Votes)