Italian Country Roasted Chicken
While waiting for your trip to Europe, bring a taste of Italy home. Roast a chicken with a special blend of seasonings that will make you think you are there.
- Roast Chicken Seasoning:
- 1 ⁄2 cup kosher salt
- 1 ⁄2 cup paprika
- 1 ⁄2 cup lemon pepper
- 1 ⁄2 cup Mrs. Dash seasoning mix
- Roasted Chicken:
- 1 (6 lb) roasting chickens
- 2 (16 ounce) bottle Italian dressing
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle lemon juice
- 1 ⁄3 cup roast chicken seasoning
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 300mins
Adapted from foodgawker.com
Stir together Roast Chicken Seasoning ingredients. Set aside.
Place the chicken in a 2 gallon resealable plastic bag. Pour a mixture of the Italian dressing and lemon juice over chicken, turning to coat.
Marinate in refrigerator for 3 hours, turning every 30 minutes.
Remove chicken from bag and drain. Season generously with 1/3 cup Roast Chicken Seasoning.
Preheat the oven to 375.
Arrange chicken on a rack in a baking pan. Tent loosely with foil.
Bake 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until a meat thermometer registers 170 to 180F, removing the tent during the last 20 minutes.
Let stand for 10 minutes before carving.
You'll also love
- Rhubarb-Blueberry Crumble 4.8/5 (12 Votes)
- French Onion Soup with homemade... 4.8/5 (12 Votes)
- KOREAN FRIED CHICKEN WINGS WITH... 4.8/5 (12 Votes)
- One Pot Ground Beef Stroganoff 4.8/5 (12 Votes)
- No Bake Salted Caramel Cheesecake 4.5/5 (32 Votes)
- Chile Rellenos Quiche 4.8/5 (12 Votes)
- Turkey & Dressing Sandwiches 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- Chicken Wings 4.7/5 (20 Votes)