- 6 ounces smoked salmon cut into strips
- 1/2 cup finely-chopped red onion
- 3 tablespoons drained capers
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon whole grain Dijon mustard
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter - (1/4 stick)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound frozen hash brown potatoes
- Additional sour cream
Mix salmon, onion, capers, 3 tablespoons sour cream, horseradish and mustard in medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
Melt butter with oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add potatoes and cook until golden brown, breaking up with spatula, about 12 minutes.
Stir in salmon mixture and cook just until heated through, about 2 minutes. Season hash to taste with salt and pepper. Divide among 4 plates. Garnish with additional sour cream.
This recipe yields 4 servings.