Michelle's blonde chicken chili
- 1 tbsp veg oil
- 3 lbs skinless boneless ck breasts, cubed
- 1 c chopped onion
- 2 c ck broth.2 (4.5oz) cans chopped green chiles
- 5 14.5 oz cans great northern beans undrained and divided
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
In a large skillet over medium- high heat, heat the vegetable oil. Cook cm, stirring occasionally, until all pieces are evenly browned. String in onion and cook until translucent. Drain mixture and set aside.
In large saucepan over mediums heat, bring the chicken broth and green chilies to a boil. Stir in 3 cans great northern beans, garlic powder, cumin, oregano,cilantro, and crushed red pepper. Stir in the ck and onion mixture, reduce heat. Simmer 30 minutes,madding more beans from the remaining 2 cans for desired consistency.