Risotto With Butternut Squash And Leeks
- 1 large butternut squash - (abt 2 lbs) peeled, seeded, and cut into 1/2" pieces
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 6 cups chicken stock - (about) (about) (or canned low-salt chicken broth)
- 3 large leeks, white and pale green parts only thinly sliced
- 2 cups arborio rice or medium-grain rice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place squash on large rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper; toss to coat. Roast until tender and beginning to brown, stirring occasionally, about 40 minutes.
Bring stock to simmer in heavy large saucepan. Reduce heat to very low; cover and keep stock warm.
Heat 2 tablespoons oil in another heavy large saucepan over medium-low heat. Add leeks and sauté until soft but not brown, about 10 minutes. Add rice; stir 1 minute. Add wine and simmer until absorbed, stirring constantly, about 2 minutes. Add 1/2 cup hot stock; simmer until absorbed, stirring frequently. Add remaining stock 1/2 cup at a time, allowing stock to be absorbed before adding more and stirring frequently, until rice is tender and mixture is creamy, about 25 minutes longer.
Add roasted squash, cream, Parmesan cheese and sage; stir until heated through. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve warm.
This recipe yields 6 first-course or 4 main-course servings.
Some shaved Parmesan and fresh sage leaves would make an attractive garnish.
You'll also love
- Rigatoni With Braised Lamb Ragu 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pork With Gorgonzola Sauce 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pear, Endive And Watercress Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Peach And Mixed-Berry Crisp 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pan-Seared Chicken With Goat... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Zucchini And Rosemary Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Mushroom-Leek Soup With Brie... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Phyllo-Wrapped Salmon With Leeks... 0/5 (0 Votes)