Jordan Marsh's blueberry muffins
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup each un-sifted, bread and pastry flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups blueberries
- 2 teaspoons sugar (for tops)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Adapted from foodgawker.com
1. On low speed, cream butter with sugar until fluffy.
2. Add eggs one at a time and mix until blended.
3. Sift dry ingredients; add to eggs-and-butter mixture, alternating with milk.
4. Mash 1/2 cup of berries and stir into mixture by hand.
5. Add the rest of the berries whole and stir by hand.
6. Grease muffin tins well with butter; grease the top surface of the pans as well.
7. Pile mixture high in each muffin cup, and sprinkle the sugar over tops.
8. Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes.