Spicy Italian Sausage Meatloaf
- 3 slices day old white bread
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 1 cup chopped button mushrooms
- 1 lb. hot Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1 large egg
- 1 T Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp kosher slat
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 T light brown sugar
1.Preheat oven to 350. Coat 9x5 in. loaf pan with cooking spray.
2. Process the bread in a food processor until finely crumbled, yielding about 1 cup. Transfer crumbs to a large bowl. Add the milk, and let soak 5 min.
3. Process the mushrooms in food processor until finely chopped. Add mushrooms and the next 9 ingredients to breadcrumb mixture, and gently mix, using your hands, until just combined.
4. Shape mixture into a loaf, and place in prepared pan. Stir together the ketchup and brown sugar in a small bowl, and spread over top.
5. Bake until meatloaf is cooked through and glaze is slightly dried, about 60 to 70 min. let cool 10 min. before cutting into eight slices