German Potato Salad
Tangy, smoky and sweet German potato salad is a perfect side dish. Served warm or at room temperature, this recipe makes it easy.
- 2 pounds small red potatoes, quartered
- 8 slices bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
Preparation time 35mins
Cooking time 35mins
Adapted from pillsbury.com
Place potatoes in a 4-quart saucepan. Add water to cover potatoes. Salt water generously. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Cook potatoes about 15 minutes or until tender when pierced with a fork; drain.
Meanwhile, in 10-inch skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Remove bacon from skillet with slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Set aside.
Add vinegar, oil, sugar, 1/4 teaspoon of the salt and the pepper to bacon drippings in the pan. Cook over low heat 1 to 2 minutes, stirring constantly, until sugar is dissolved.
In large bowl, mix potatoes, bacon, green onions and remaining 1 teaspoon salt. Pour oil mixture over potatoes; toss to coat. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers.
You'll also love
- Honey Lemon Chicken Lettuce Wraps 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Rhubarb Pudding Cake 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Potato Salad - Instant Pot 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Lemon Curd Cake 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Buttered Rum Flan 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Pumpkin Cream Cheese Spread 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Asian Roasted Carrots & Broccoli 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Pumpkin Bread 4.5/5 (8 Votes)