Orange-Vanilla Bean Cake with Chocolate Glaze
- 1 Vanilla bean
- 1 c sugar
- 2 c flour
- 2 t baking powder
- 1/4 t baking soda
- 3/4 t salt
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1/2 c buttermilk
- 2 large eggs, whisked
- 1 t finely grated orange zest
- 2 T orange juice
- 1/2 c heavy cream
- 4 oz. semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 60mins
Heat oven to 350. Butter 9" spring form pan
Split one vanilla bean in half lengthwise using sharp paring knife. Run the dull side of the blade down the length of each half, scraping up the seeds. Combine the seeds and sugar in large bowl.
Whisk in flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, butter, buttermilk, eggs, orange zest and orange juice to combine. Transfer batter to pan.
Bake 30-35 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool in pan for 15 minutes, then transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
In small saucepan, bring cream just to a boil. Remove from heat and add chocolate and let sit for 5 minutes. Whisk until smooth. Let cool until slightly thickened, about 10-15 minutes. Set the wire rack with cake on it over a rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle cake with the glaze and let set before serving, about 20-30 minutes.
You'll also love
- PORK CHOPS, CABBAGE, POTATO... 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- 2016 Ham and Macaroni au Gratin 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Wilted Spinach Salad with grilled... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Apple Dumplings 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Pleasantly Plastered Peach... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Luby's Frosted Lime Congeal 4.1/5 (11 Votes)
- doTERRA Creamy Fruit Dip with... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Orange and Cranberry Tea Sandwiches 5/5 (1 Votes)