Easy Mexican Bake
- 1 tablespoon Bisquick Heart Smart® mix
- 1/2 cup canned Mexican-style stewed tomatoes, drained, liquid reserved
- 1 cup Progresso® red kidney beans (from 19-oz can), drained, rinsed
- 1/2 cup cut-up cooked chicken breast
- 1/2 cup Green Giant® Valley Fresh Steamers™ Niblets® frozen corn
- 2/3 cup Bisquick Heart Smart® mix
- 1/4 cup fat-free (skim) milk
- 2 tablespoons fat-free egg product or 1 egg white
1. Heat oven to 400°F. Spray 1-quart casserole with cooking spray. In casserole, beat 1 tablespoon Bisquick® mix and the reserved liquid from tomatoes with wire whisk until blended. Stir in beans, chicken, corn and tomatoes; cut up large tomato chunks. Microwave on High 3 minutes; stir.
2. In small bowl, beat 2/3 cup Bisquick mix, the milk and egg product with wire whisk until blended. Pour over mixture in casserole.
3. Bake uncovered 23 to 28 minutes or until golden brown.
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): No change.
1 Serving: Calories 260 (Calories from Fat 30); Total Fat 3 1/2g (Saturated Fat 0g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 20mg; Sodium 470mg; Total Carbohydrate 41g (Dietary Fiber 5g, Sugars 6g); Protein 17g Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 6%; Vitamin C 4%; Calcium 20%; Iron 15% Exchanges: 1 Starch; 1 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Vegetable; 1 1/2 Lean Meat Carbohydrate Choices: 3
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.