Peach And Mixed-Berry Crisp
- 2 large peaches peeled, pitted
- and chopped (abt 2 1/2 cups)
- 1 1/3 cups blueberries (abt 6 oz)
- 1 1/3 cups raspberries (abt 6 oz)
- 1 1/3 cups blackberries (abt 5.6 oz)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour plus
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar - (packed)
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Butter pecan or vanilla ice cream
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter 8- by 8- by 2 1/2-inch square baking dish.
Toss fruit, sugar and 2 tablespoons flour in large bowl to combine. Transfer to prepared baking dish. Bake fruit until juices bubble, stirring occasionally, about 40 minutes. Bake without stirring another 5 minutes. Remove from oven. Increase oven temperature to 400 degrees.
Meanwhile, whisk remaining 3/4 cup flour, sugar, cinnamon, ginger and salt in medium bowl to blend. Add butter and rub in with fingertips until small moist clumps form. Sprinkle topping evenly over hot fruit in dish.
Bake crisp until topping is golden brown, about 20 minutes. Cool slightly. Serve warm with ice cream.
This recipe yields 8 servings.