Carrot Cake with Toasted Coconut Cream Cheese Frosting
- 3/4 cup flour (about 3 1/3 ounces)
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 (2 1/2-ounce) jar carrot baby food
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/4 cups finely grated carrot (about 4 ounces)
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- Cooking spray
- 1/3 cup (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup flaked sweetened coconut, toasted
Adapted from myrecipes.com
1. Preheat oven to 325°.
2. To prepare cake, lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour and next 5 ingredients (through salt) in a food processor; pulse 6 times or until well blended. Place flour mixture in a large bowl. Combine granulated sugar, canola oil, baby food, and eggs; stir with a whisk. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moist. Stir in grated carrot and raisins. Spoon batter into an 8-inch square baking pan coated with cooking spray.
3. Bake at 325° for 40 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack.
4. To prepare frosting, combine cheese and butter in a large bowl. Beat with a mixer at high speed until creamy. Gradually add powdered sugar and vanilla, beating at low speed until smooth (do not overbeat). Spread over cake; sprinkle with coconut. Cover and chill.
You'll also love
- Moroccan Stuffed Zucchini & Peppers 4.3/5 (7 Votes)
- Alley Restaurant Pumpkin Crunch 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Dark Chocolate Raspberry Dump Cake 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- CAKE-MIX PEACH COBBLER 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- BISQUICK COCONUT CUSTARD PIE 4.1/5 (16 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Basil Chicken And... 3.7/5 (10 Votes)
- PECAN BOURBON CARROT CAKE 3.6/5 (8 Votes)