Mushroom Saute With Goat Cheese Crostini
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes (not oil-packed)
- 1 cup boiling water
- 6 tablespoons butter - (3/4 stick)
- 4 garlic cloves chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 pound fresh shiitake mushrooms stemmed, sliced
- 12 ounces button mushrooms sliced
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 8 artichoke hearts from 14-oz can cut 1/2" wedges
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 crusty French-bread baguette cut diagonally
- into 1/3"-thick slices
- 6 tablespoons butter - (3/4 stick) melted
- 1/2 cup freshly-grated Parmesan cheese - (about)
- 8 ounces herbed goat cheese
Place sun-dried tomatoes in small bowl. Pour boiling water over tomatoes; let soak until soft, about 20 minutes. Drain tomatoes; slice thinly. Set aside.
Melt 4 tablespoons butter in heavy large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic, dried red pepper and thyme; sauté 1 minute. Increase heat to medium-high. Add shiitake and button mushrooms and sauté until brown, about 10 minutes. Add wine and lemon juice and simmer 2 minutes. Mix in sun-dried tomatoes and artichokes. (Can be prepared 2 hours ahead. Let stand at room temperature. Rewarm over medium heat before continuing.)
Mix in basil and 2 tablespoons butter. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer to bowl; sprinkle with chopped parsley.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Arrange baguette slices in single layer on baking sheet. Bake until golden, about 8 minutes. Remove from oven; maintain oven temperature. Brush each baguette slice with butter and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Return to oven; bake until cheese begins to melt, about 5 minutes.
Serve warm crostini with goat cheese and mushroom mixture.
This recipe yields 12 appetizer servings.