Squash Ribbon Pasta with Herb Cream Sauce
- 1 medium zucchini (about 8 ounces)
- 1 medium summer squash (about 8 ounces)
- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons flour
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh tarragon, basil, or parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Adapted from myrecipes.com
1. Shave squashes into thin strips using a vegetable peeler; place in a colander. Bring a large saucepan filled with water to a boil. Add pasta; cook 6 minutes. Add red onion; cook 2 minutes. Drain pasta mixture over squash in colander.
2. Return pan to medium-high heat. Add milk and flour; bring to a boil. Cook 1 minute or until slightly thickened, stirring constantly. Stir in cream; cook for 1 minute. Add pasta mixture, stirring to coat. Stir in the herbs, salt, and pepper. Serve immediately.