Classic Baked Ziti
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 cup onion , chopped
- pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
- 2 garlic cloves , minced
- 1 (32 ounce) jar meatless sauce
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon of Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 (16 ounce) package Ziti pasta , cooked and drained
- 2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 45mins
Adapted from budgetsavvydiva.com
Preheat oven at 350
In a large skillet - heat oil and cook onions for 8 minutes than add garlic and cook for one minute. Add beef and cook till no longer pink ( drain excess fat).
Stir in sauce, chicken broth, pepper, salt, onion powder, garlic powder, and oregano. Heat through.
Stir 1 cup of sauce into the "cooked" ziti pasta.
Place ½ of the ziti into a 13x9 baking dish.
Place 1½ cup of mozzarella cheese and ½ cup of Parmesan cheese
Top with rest of sauce.
Top with rest of pasta.
Cover and bake for 20 minutes.
Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese.
Cook till cheese is golden brown