Summer Squash and Chicken Chowder
This silky, veggie-forward soup is a fantastic way to use up a load of fresh summer squash. This would also work well with zucchini.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound yellow squash, cut into small pieces
- 1 large shallot, sliced
- 5 thyme sprigs
- 2 cups unsalted chicken stock
- 1 cup prepared mashed potatoes
- 2/3 cup half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon sherry vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces shredded skinless, boneless rotisserie chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons Greek yogurt (or sour cream)
Adapted from myrecipes.com
1. Heat a stockpot over medium-high heat. Add oil and next 4 ingredients; cook 2 minutes. Add herbs and stock; cover and cook 4 minutes.
2. Remove from heat; transfer two-thirds of mixture to a blender. Add potatoes and half-and-half. Remove center piece of lid; secure lid on blender. Cover opening with a towel; blend until smooth.
3. Return pureed soup to pan over medium heat. Stir in vinegar, salt, pepper, and chicken; cook 2 minutes. Top soup with yogurt.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (884 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.4/5 (884 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (740 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (496 Votes)
- Zucchini Chips 4.5/5 (197 Votes)
- Zucchini & Sweet Corn Casserole 4.5/5 (192 Votes)
- Veggie Club Sandwich and Zucchini... 4.5/5 (151 Votes)