Smoked Turkey, Blue Cheese, & Red Onion Sandwiches
This smoked turkey sandwich checks all the boxes, delicious, nutritious and satisfying!
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 (8- to 10-ounce) red onions, cut into 1/3-inch-thick rounds
- 3 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 6 cups trimmed large arugula leaves (about 4-ounces), divided
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 8 1/3-inch-thick slices seeded wheat bread or four ciabatta rolls, cut horizontally in half
- 12 ounces smoked turkey, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup blue cheese, coarsely crumbled (about 3-ounces)
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 20mins
Adapted from bonappetit.com
Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions and sauté until soft and lightly browned, breaking up onion rings, about 8 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in vinegar and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Chop enough arugula to measure 1 cup; place in medium bowl. Mix in mayonnaise. Season with salt and pepper. Spread about 1 1/2 tablespoons arugula mayonnaise over each cut side of bread. Divide turkey slices among 4 bread slices. Top with crumbled blue cheese, dividing equally. Top with red onions, then whole arugula leaves and bread.
You'll also love
- CUCUMBER BITES APPETIZERS 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Pork Chop Casserole 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Rare Beef Pho 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Mushroom Barley Risotto 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Radishes with Seaweed-Matcha Butter 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Skillet Monkey Bread 4.3/5 (11 Votes)
- Slow-Cooker Smothered Chicken with... 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Cheesecake in the Instant Pot 4.4/5 (11 Votes)