Roasted Peaches with Amaretti Crumble
- 5 amaretti cookies (Italian macaroons; about 3/4 ounce total)
- 3 tablespoons whole natural almonds
- 2 tablespoons unbleached all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons chilled unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 3 firm but ripe large peaches, rinsed, wiped clean of fuzz, halved, pitted
- Vanilla ice cream
Adapted from bonappetit.com
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter 11x7x2-inch glass baking dish. Combine cookies, almonds, flour, and sugar in processor. Using on/off turns, process until cookies and almonds are coarsely chopped. Add 3 tablespoons chilled butter to processor. Using on/off turns, process topping mixture until moist clumps form.
2. Place peach halves, cut side up, in prepared dish. Spread topping over surface of each peach half (about 1 generous tablespoon for each), pressing lightly to adhere and leaving 1/4-inch plain border.
3. Bake peaches until tender when pierced with knife and topping is golden brown, about 35 minutes. Cool slightly. Transfer 1 warm roasted peach half to each of 6 plates. Serve with scoop of vanilla ice cream alongside.