Key West Power Squadron Key Lime Pie
I think this recipe originally came from the Ladies Auxiliary of the Florida Power Squadron.
It's simple and delicious!
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup key lime juice (about 10-15 key limes)
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 14 oz can condensed milk
- 1 9 inch pie shell (pre-baked or graham cracker)
- Whipped cream (for topping), see below
- Whipped Cream:
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- juice of 1/2 key lime
Combine milk and egg yolks. Beat with electric mixer at low speed. Slowly add lime juice and continue beating until well blended. Pour into pie shell. Refrigerate overnight or at least long enough for the body of the pie to stiffen. Then top with whipped cream and a little grated lime rind.
Combine all three ingredients in a bowl. Use an electric mixer at high speed to whip it until it stiffens to the proper consistency. Be patient, it takes a while.
You'll also love
- Chocolate Ravioli 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Mardi Gras Shrimp 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Chicken Alfredo With Mushrooms And... 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Frozen Peach Champagne Cocktails 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Cedar Creek Inn Coconut Supreme... 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Raspberry Lemonade 4.3/5 (15 Votes)
- Mint Lemon Raspberry Infused Water 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Key Lime Pie-no bake 4.3/5 (15 Votes)