Farfalle with Swiss Chard Pesto
- 1.5-2 cups farfalle, cooked al-dente with salt ( or any pasta of choice. Use gf pasta for a gf meal)
- 5 big Swiss chard leaves and ribs
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 teaspoon olive oil or organic canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes or black pepper
- 1/2 cup packed basil ( or use 2 Tablespoons basil pesto)
- 1/4 cup raw cashews
- 1-2 Tablespoons Extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 + cup water (coz my blender needs some water to blend well. and hence made about 1 cup of pesto)
Heat olive oil/canola in a pan on low-medium heat, add garlic and chopped Swiss chard. Cook covered on low for 4-6 minutes or until the chard just about starts to wilt.
Blend with basil, pepper, EVOO, cashews and a little water if needed. The pesto can be stored in the refrigerator for 3-4 days, without any change in color.
Cook pasta, and serve topped with the pesto.
Garnish with some powdered Raw cashew mixed with nutritional yeast and pepper flakes.