Grilled Asparagus With Gorgonzola Butter
- 3/4 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese - (packed loose)
- 6 tablespoons butter - (3/4 stick) room temperature
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 2 pounds asparagus trimmed
Stir Gorgonzola cheese, butter and lemon juice in medium bowl to blend. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate. (Gorgonzola butter can be prepared 2 days ahead. Keep refrigerated.)
Prepare barbecue (high heat). Whisk oil, basil and garlic to blend in small bowl. Spread out asparagus in single layer in baking dish. Pour oil mixture over asparagus and turn to coat. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Transfer asparagus to barbecue. Grill until charred on all sides, turning occasionally, about 4 minutes.
Transfer to plates. Top asparagus with some Gorgonzola butter and serve.
This recipe yields 6 servings.