All-American Light Potato Salad
This classic All-American Light Potato Salad is low on calories but big on taste! The great thing about this recipe is you don't have to boil the potatoes so it comes together quickly.
4 weightwatcher points per 3/4 cup serving.
- 4 russet potatoes, with skin (large pink or white potatoes can be substituted)
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1 tablespoon honey mustard, (add 1 more tablespoon, if desired)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, (optional)
- 1/2 cup celery, diced or chopped
- 1/3 cup red bell pepper, diced or chopped
- 1/3 cup green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped (regular or Italian)
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika, optional
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 80mins
Wash the outside of potatoes well, then cut into 1-inch cubes. Add potato pieces to a large, microwave-safe vegetable-cooker container. Cover and cook on HIGH for about 6 minutes. Stir potatoes, cover cooker, and cook on HIGH until potatoes are just tender (about 4-6 minutes more).
While potatoes are cooling, add mayonnaise, sour cream, honey mustard, pepper and salt (if desired) to large bowl. Whisk to combine.
Stir in cooled potatoes, celery, bell pepper, green onions and parsley. Cover and chill until ready to serve (at least an hour). Sprinkle a dash or two of paprika over the top before serving, if desired.