Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars
These Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars start with a yummy crust, a thick cheesecake layer, and topped off with diced cinnamon apples and sweet streusel topping.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup (2-sticks) butter, softened
- CHEESECAKE FILLING:
- 3 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar, plus 2 tablespoons, divided
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- STREUSEL TOPPING:
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup quick cooking oats
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- CARAMEL SAUCE:
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- Vanilla extract, to taste
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 65mins
Adapted from facebook.com
Preheat oven to 350°F.
In a medium bowl, combine flour and brown sugar. Cut in butter with a pastry blender (or 2 forks) until mixture is crumbly. Press evenly into a 9x13-inch baking pan lined with heavy-duty aluminum foil. Bake 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
In a large bowl, beat cream cheese with 3/4 cup sugar in an electric mixer at medium speed until smooth. Then add eggs, 1 at a time, and vanilla. Stir to combine. Pour over warm crust.
In a small bowl, stir together chopped apples, remaining 2 tablespoons sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Spoon evenly over cream cheese mixture. Sprinkle evenly with Streusel topping. Bake 40 to 45 minutes, or until filling is set. Drizzle with caramel topping and let cool. Serve cold and enjoy!
In a small bowl, combine all ingredients. I like to really combine it by using my clean hands to thoroughly combine the butter into the mixture
Combine brown sugar, butter and milk in a sauce pan and gently simmer until thickened to sauce consistency. Add a dash of vanilla extract to taste.
The amounts of ingredients can vary depending on how much sauce you want to yield. Use a ratio of 2 : 1 : 1/2 parts brown sugar : butter : milk by volume.
You'll also love
- Slow Cooker Melt in Your Mouth... 4.2/5 (81 Votes)
- Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms 4.5/5 (60 Votes)
- French Onion & Roast Beef Grilled... 4.4/5 (57 Votes)
- Grapefruit White Wine Spritzer 4.5/5 (55 Votes)
- Crock Pot Pineapple Chicken with... 4/5 (109 Votes)
- Triple Chocolate Sheet Cake 4.5/5 (54 Votes)
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough... 4.5/5 (52 Votes)
- Baked Apple Pie Roll-Ups 4.3/5 (67 Votes)