Farfalle With Butternut Squash, Mushrooms And Spinach
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 1/2 pounds butternut squash peeled, seeded, and cut into 3/4" pieces - (abt 5 cups)
- 1/2 cup water
- 8 ounces small portobello mushrooms (portobellini) gills scraped, cut into 1/2" pieces
- 8 ounces shiitake mushrooms stemmed, and cut into 1/2" pieces
- 3 large garlic cloves chopped
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1/3 cup whipping cream
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 pound farfalle (bow-tie) pasta
- 1 bag spinach leaves - (10 oz)
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in heavy large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add butternut squash and sauté until beginning to brown, about 6 minutes. Add 1/2 cup water, cover and cook until just tender, stirring occasionally, about 8 minutes. Using slotted spoon, transfer sautéed squash to bowl.
Add remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil to same skillet over medium-high heat. Add all mushrooms, garlic and rosemary and sauté until tender, stirring occasionally, about 8 minutes. Add white wine and bring to boil, scraping up browned bits. Remove from heat. Stir in whipping cream and nutmeg.
Cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to bite, stirring occasionally. Drain, reserving 1 cup pasta cooking water. Return pasta to pot. Add squash, mushroom sauce, spinach and Parmesan cheese. Toss over medium heat until spinach wilts, pasta is heated through and sauce coats pasta, adding reserved cooking water by 1/4 cupfuls if pasta is dry. Season with salt and pepper; serve.
This recipe yields 6 servings.
You'll also love
- Smothered Chicken with Sauteed... 4.2/5 (660 Votes)
- St. Patrick's Day Spinach Pancakes... 4.5/5 (120 Votes)
- Apricot Bread Pudding With Caramel... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Dried Cranberry Compote 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Bulgur Risotto With Peas And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Grilled Leeks, Sweet Peppers And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pan-Fried Water Spinach With... 0/5 (0 Votes)