Chicken Hoda Kotb’s mother recipe
Hoda Kotb’s mother Sami livens up chicken breasts in under 30 minutes with fresh pesto, sliced tomato and gooey melted cheese.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (you can use other parts of the chicken if you prefer)
- 1 cup store-bought pesto sauce
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for sprinkling
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, for sprinkling
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from todayshow.com
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2. In a glass pan, add the chicken breasts. Spread the pesto sauce on top of each piece. Top with the tomato slices. Sprinkle with a few drops of the olive oil. Top with the shredded mozzarella cheese.
3. Bake until the chicken is cooked through and the cheese is melted, about 20 to 25 minutes. Serve.