Dulce de leche Cupcakes with Praline Buttercream Frosting
- * FOR THE FROSTING:
- 1-1/2 * 1-1/2 cup Cake Flour
- 2 * 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/2 * 1/2 teaspoons Salt
- 1 * 1 cup Butter, Softened
- 1-1/2 * 1-1/2 cup Packed Brown Sugar
- 2/3 * 2/3 cups Dulce Le Leche
- 2/3 * 2/3 cups Milk
- 3 * 3 whole Eggs
- 1 * 1 teaspoon Vanilla Bean Paste Or Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 * 1/2 teaspoons Maple Flavoring
- * _____
- 1/2 * 1/2 cups Butter, Divided
- 1/2 * 1/2 cups Packed Brown Sugar
- 1/4 * 1/4 cups Milk
- 1 * 1 pound Powdered Sugar
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
For the cupcakes:
Combine flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the dulce le leche and mix well.
Combine milk, eggs, vanilla, and maple flavoring in a small bowl and mix until well blended.
Alternately add the dry and wet ingredients, beginning and ending with the dry ingredients. Beat just until mixed. Be careful not to over mix.
Spoon batter into paper-lined cupcake pans. Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center of a cake.
Cool completely and frost with Praline Buttercream Frosting. Garnish with sugared pecans, if desired.
For the frosting:
Melt 1/4 cup butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add brown sugar and simmer, stirring constantly until well combined, about 2-3 minutes. Pour in milk and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
In a large mixing bowl, beat the remaining 1/4 cup of butter until creamy. Add the cooled butter/brown sugar mixture and mix until combined. Add powdered sugar and beat well.