Cilantro Lime Chicken Taco Salad with Creamy Baja Catalina Dressing
- 1 Recipe Cilantro Lime Chicken
- 1 large head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered (or 2 roma tomatoes, chopped)
- 1 cup black beans drained and rinsed
- corn from 2 ears sweet corn (raw)
- 1/2 cup finely grated sharp cheddar cheese or more to taste
- 2 avocados, chopped
- Tortilla Chips, slightly crushed or tortilla strips to taste (the more the better!)
- Creamy Baja Catalina Dressing
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sugar more or less to taste (start with less)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream (may sub yogurt)
- 1 tablespoons reserved Cilantro Lime Marinade (in directions)
Adapted from carlsbadcravings.com
Prepare Cilantro Lime Chicken according to directions, reserving 1 tablespoon marinade for dressing. Slice or chop cooked chicken.
Meanwhile, whisk together all of the Dressing ingredients in a medium bowl, including the 1 tablespoon reserved Cilantro Lime Marinade. Store in the refrigerator. Best if chilled at least 30 minutes. May keep in an airtight container up to 7 days.
To assemble, add the Salad Ingredients to a large bowl and toss to combine. Drizzle individual servings with desired amount of dressing. Season with additional salt, pepper, hot sauce and/or lime juice to taste.
*For more of a vinaigrette, you may sub the mayo and sour cream for canola oil