- 1 lb carrots, peeled and sliced 1/4" thick on the bias
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 3 TBS granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 TBS butter, cut into 4 pieces
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- ground black pepper
1. Bring carrots, salt, 1 TBS sugar and chicken broth to a boil in a covered, 12" non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Once boiling, reduce heat to medium and cook until carrots are almost tender, stirring occasionally until liquid is reduced to about 2 TBS, 1-2 minutes
2. Add butter and remaining 2 TBS sugar to skillet; toss carrots to coat and cook, stirring frequently until carrots are completely tender and glaze is light gold about 3".
3. Off heat, add lemon juice and toss to coat. Transfer to serving dish scraping glaze from pan.