Penne and Chicken Tenderloins with Spiced Tomato Sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground fennel seed
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound chicken breast tenders, cut into (1-inch) pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups canned diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup white wine
- 8 ounces uncooked penne
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
Combine first 5 ingredients in a small bowl; rub over chicken.
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 4 minutes, turning once. Remove from heat; set aside.
Reduce heat to medium. Add garlic; sauté 30 seconds or until garlic is soft. Add tomatoes and wine, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes. Add chicken, and simmer 5 minutes.
Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain. Toss pasta with sauce in a large bowl. Sprinkle with cheese and basil.
You'll also love
- Savory Shrimp Fajitas 0/5 (0 Votes)
- OLD SOUTH COCA-COLA PORK LOIN 3/5 (13 Votes)
- Scalloped Potatoes and Ham... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- French-Style Pork Chops with... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Ellie Krieger's Creamy Tomato Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Orange Ground Chicken Rice Bowls 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Easy One-Pan Garlic Chicken Pesto... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chicken In Mustard Sauce (Jacques... 0/5 (0 Votes)