Taste Of Home Baked Ziti
- 12 oz uncooked ziti or small tube pasta
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 jar (24oz) spaghetti sauce
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 carton(15oz) ricotta cheese
- 2 1/2 c (10oz) shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/2 c grated parmesan cheese
Cook pasta according to package. Meanwhile in large skillet cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce.
In large bowl combine the eggs, ricotta cheese, 1 1/2c mozzarell cheese and the parmesan cheese. Drain pasta; add to cheese mixture and stir until blended.
Spoon 1/3 of meat sauce into a greased 9x13 baking dish; top with half of the pasta mixture. Repeat layers. Top with remaining meat sauce.
Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes or until thermometer reads 160 degrees. Uncover and sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand 15 minutes before serving.