Lemon "Cake" Cookies
Refreshing! A great lemon cookie treat made easy with cake mix and frosting. They're great with lemonade on a warm summer day.
- 1 box Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® lemon cake mix
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1 egg
- 1 container Betty Crocker® Whipped or Rich & Creamy lemon frosting
Adapted from bettycrocker.com
1. Heat oven to 375°F (350°F for dark or nonstick cookie sheets).
2. In large bowl, beat cake mix, butter, shortening and egg on medium speed about 1 minute or until blended.
3. On to ungreased cookie sheet, drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart.
4. Bake 9 to 12 minutes or until light brown around edges.
5. Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheet. Cool completely.
6. Frost with frosting. Store covered.