Chocolate Pudding Cakes
- 1 1/2 cups butter - (3 sticks)
- 3/4 cup water
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate chopped
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons instant coffee crystals or granules
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 tablespoons dark rum
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 6 large eggs
- Vanilla ice cream (optional)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter six 1 1/4-cup soufflé dishes or custard cups.
Combine butter and 3/4 cup water in heavy large saucepan over high heat. Bring to boil, stirring until butter melts. Remove from heat. Add chocolate, sugar, coffee and salt; stir until chocolate melts and mixture is smooth. Stir in rum and vanilla. Beat eggs in large bowl to blend; gradually whisk in chocolate mixture.
Divide chocolate mixture among prepared dishes. Bake until edges of cakes crack slightly but center 2 inches remain soft and glossy, about 25 minutes. Serve cakes warm, topped with vanilla ice cream, if desired.
This recipe yields 6 servings.